Stus-List New C&C 34 Owner

Dennis C. captbuy at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 11:06:07 EDT 2012

I wouldn't recommend a halyard with a unidirectional core here.  If it is a wire/rope sheave with the stepped groove, the halyard may penetrate farther into the wire groove than a braided core line.  Further, although many of us use them, myself included, halyards with unidirectional cores don't like long term static stressing in one spot.  For instance, using one as a furling genoa halyard where it will remain bent over a sheave in the same spot for weeks or months.

 -