Stus-List My window project

jackson maddux jackson.maddux at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:31:23 EDT 2012

the tape goes directly on the plastic of the frame.  I put the tape on
after I have cleaned up the frame, just before I am ready to paint the sika
209 primer on the frame.

The tape was laid down in one continuous strip, no individual pieces.
Also, for going around the corners, I used scissors to cut sipes into the
outer part of the curve of the tape about 1/16 inch  thick, leaving the
inner part of the curve completely intact and waterproof.  The last thing
to come off before the window is placed is the tape backing...this prevents
any sika flex 295 UV that has spilled over from contaminating the sticky
glue on the tape.

for example:   $$ = sika flex  ## = glazing tape  | = edge of frame
(vertical component)  ----- = edge of frame (horizontal component)
    (cross section of frame)                ---------  inside of boat
                                                          ## |
                                                          $$ |