Stus-List Newbie : Hull Number

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri May 18 17:56:12 EDT 2012

A 1976 C&C 24 was my second boat.  I loved it but as I remember my model was
a bit tender and I noticed that because we have pretty good wind around
here...I intstalled in board tracks for the genoa sheets and that was good
and I also got the folding prop for my Volvo inboard which you probably
won't have.  Accommodations were OK, we started our boys in car seats and
then to on deck from that boat.  I had a good sound system for the day and
that was nice.  The head was not ideally placed on my model, to port and
forward of the companionway with a curtain for privacy but it worked and no
one felt too uncomfortable even using it under sail.  We started racing with
that boat and in our second year after some critical go fast mods and after
gaining some experience we started to place higher in the fleet and in our
most famous race on corrected time we beat a local who was 1976 soling world
champions who in that race was sailing an etchells 22...that was worth a
bottle of wine for the prize and a whole lot of pride to us at the
time...another lister here will remember the day because he was a large part
of our success.

Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, Alianna
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS