Stus-List Winch handle storage?

Chuck S cscheaffer at comcast.net
Tue May 22 00:45:46 EDT 2012

Hi Dennis,
I bought a small heavy canvas tool bag (for $10 to $15) from Harbor Freight that holds all six winch handles, the Navtec handle, and four genoa cars when not in use. The bag lives on a pilot berth behind a bulkhead out of sight. Chose canvas because it won't scratch the sole or the table if crew sets the bag down there. The previous owner kept these items in a plastic gym bag that ripped.

After sailing, I remove all the handles from the cockpit area and set them on the threshold of the companionway. Then when I go below, I place the handles in the bag and on the berth. Seems to keep them together, and crew learn where to look for the extra handle when we setup to race. Before sailing, all of the handles are placed in holders strategically placed in the cockpit.

Harbor Freight has a 15" for $15 and an 11" for $7 . They may have others.

http://www.harborfreight.com/canvas-riggers-bag-38124.html

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R