Stus-List Dunked today and takin on water

Rich Knowles rk at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu May 24 19:00:43 EDT 2012

Tom:

It sure sounds like a cooling water problem, but it's a bit odd as the water quit coming in once you stopped at the dock.

I suggest flashing up the engine and going for a run to duplicate the conditions when you first found the problem. Take someone along to drive while you have a good look around the boat. If the water is indeed coming in that quickly, the source should be quite evident. I could write a couple of pages of guesses,  but I think your quickest way is to go for a run. The boat likely won't sink! Keep your eye on the engine to ensure you don't overheat it in case there is a water leak ahead of the cooling circuit. Also check the transmission oil cooler if there is one.

Let us know what you find. Also let us know where you and the boat are in case there is a lister near by who might help, and also may know where to buy stuff. Likely not if you are in Punga Punga, but you never know:)

Rich Knowles
INDIGO LF38
Halifax, NS.