Stus-List Stus-list Boat Registration

Marek Dziedzic dziedzicmj at
Wed Mar 20 14:56:37 EDT 2013


from what I know you have to license the boat in Canada (if you have more than 10 HP motor). Your Mirage 24, probably,  did not (one of the reasons there are so many motors with 9.9 HP). If your boat is not licensed (and not registered), you can be fined $250.

It used to be that you could license the boat in Service Canada office. No longer. You can get there a form (which is also available online). Have a look here: 

The process is fairly simple, but make sure that you include all documents that they list as required. About three weeks later, you will get a license back (by mail). 

If you don't see these license numbers in NS, it simply means that your inspectors are more lenient.

good luck

Marek (in Ottawa)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the CnC-List mailing list