Stus-List Possible C&C 30 purchase

Nate Flesness nateflesness at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 17:30:39 EDT 2013

Love my 30-1. Could go on and on about the good stuff.

If freshwater, I don't think standing rigging is a weak spot - most
freshwater owners seem to have the original 30+ year old "overbuilt" 1/4"
ss.stranded and I've asked around but no one reports hearing of one fail.
If early model (hull # before about #560...1978 or so) the boom is
apparently one foot lower and more dangerous. Other things to watch for are
teak and holly floor cosmetics or sag (hard to replace on this model
because it is under the salon furniture), spacious lazarettes are open to
the spinning prop shaft - lots of possible adventures there (don't ask me
how I know - now have added withdrawable plywood panels midships from
lazarette space to close in engine/shaft area)... I'd ask for a sample
drawn from the bottom of the fuel tank to check for algae... mast wiring
was sometimes untinned copper lamp wire (mine was) - even in freshwater
boats that can be green powder after all these years...
otherwise have a blast - she can take just about anything, more than we who
sail her.

Nate
"Sarah Jean"
1980 30-1