Stus-List Electrolysis :"unglue" aluminium from stainless steel

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun May 12 14:19:27 EDT 2013

Do you think the heat might damage the microstructure of the metal?

Corrosion deposits like aluminum oxide and aluminum hydroxide likely caused
the tight fit so I wonder if a solvent for those deposits might not work, or
a combination of solvents.  It might be worth trying concentrate muriatic
(hydrochloric) acid.   If you do try a concentrated acid be very careful and
use safety gear and have lots of fresh water handy, like a hose.  If you can
submerge the part that might work otherwise you will have to come up with a
way to keep the acid where it is needed.  If you try a dilute acid first
remember add acid to water, or like the alphabet "a" to "w"

Dwight Veinot

C&C 35 MKII, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS

  _____