Stus-List filters

John Pennie jk2 at svpaws.net
Tue Aug 4 20:08:49 EDT 2015

About a year before I ever sailed offshore I remember reading the Carib 1500's list of recommended gear.  I think they suggested something like 2 dozen filters. I laughed and left for Bermuda with 6.  After a week of attempting to clean and recycle Racors the first thing I did upon arriving in Bermuda was... Order 2 dozen filters.  Nothing will shake up a tank like a nice gale offshore.

On the other hand - I'm told by a Tartan 3500 owner that it takes exactly 27 tacks to clear Roosevelt island on the East River at slack water.  Glad I never had that experience.

Moral - no such thing as too many spares, no price is too high for the dual filter system when you need it.

John

Sent from my iPad