Stus-List Off topic Windows 10

Danny Haughey djhaughey at juno.com
Fri Aug 7 08:37:28 EDT 2015

it's really just 2 schools of thought.  Those that feel "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"  and  ..."ooohh that's shiny....must...touch it!" when it comes to things that move I like the tried and true.  PCs I'm always upgrading...  it's a hobby and keeping up with software resource requirements is essential.  My CAD modeling software updates every 12 months now and it does more, requires more resources and can utilize more resources.  in this regard, time is money and quality keeps me busy.  I could not compete on an XP machine with 4GB memory and AutoCAD 2007.  No one would hire me...  LOL Having said that, I just retired my 2005 Sony Viao dual core (because it died...) after 10 years of solid service as my entertainment center streaming video box... In the words of Michael Cain in Austin Powers,  "....it's not the size mate, it's what you so wiv it!"   It's just that way with marine electronics, do your 10 year old instruments work?  do they suit your needs?  do you REALLY need the new Ray touchscreen?   Danny