Stus-List Universal Engine panel wiring- Problem Solved!

Michael Brown mike at tkg.ca
Mon Aug 17 13:08:27 EDT 2015

> Now- what to do about the future- I am considering putting some
> electrically conductive grease on the contacts before reassembling the
> connector.

 The normal substance to use would be a dielectric grease, not a conductive grease,
though at the 12 volt range that property does not come in to play much.

Some interesting reading on the topic:

http://www.w8ji.com/dielectric_grease_vs_conductive_grease.htm

Note that even the best grease, correctly applied at the contact point, will
not solve the problem of the wires just back of the connection corroding.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1