Stus-List Anchor Size

Russ & Melody russmel at telus.net
Mon Jun 1 01:04:54 EDT 2015

Hi Joe,

The 35 lb'der will be okay as a "lunch hook", occasional, or whatever
you want to call. It can even be considered big for that service.

Serious cruising where you have many more nights/year on the hook and
very little discretion on when to stay overnight at anchor means a
minimum 45# is in order. More chain helps too and getting the hook
down before Happy Hour is better.

On the 35 footer, I've been summer cruising with a "temporary" 22#
Delta plow and 10 fathoms of chain for 5 years now. I've got an
appropriate 33# Bruce Lee once I get my bow roller & winch installed. :)

         Cheers, Russ
         Sweet 35 mk-1