Stus-List C&C30-1 climb to top of mast?

robert robertabbott at eastlink.ca
Tue Jun 9 09:18:12 EDT 2015

I have gone up masts using snap shackles many times, especially when the
shackle in on a wire halyard......while not the safest because of the
risk of them unintentionally opening, make it safe by tying the eye of
the shackle to the bosun's chair with a sail tie or a piece of rope.
Also, put a couple of wraps of electrical tape around the shackle.

You don't want to be tying bowlines in your wire halyard when there is
no need do it.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84