Stus-List C&C 37+ Repower -- Ugh

John and Maryann Read johnpread at comcast.net
Fri Jun 26 07:29:08 EDT 2015

HI Edd

Our prior boat was a Galaxy 32 with a Mitsubishi 3 cylinder that blew a hole in a piston which was traced to an improperly installed exhaust that allowed water back to the cylinders.  This was about 20 years ago.  We went to a Beta (30??) and were very pleased with the result – brand new everything, easily installed after some minor tweaks to the engine beds, started and ran like a dream, easily maintained.  We sold her 16 years ago and a definite plus to the sale was the “new” engine.  The boat is still in the area and as far as I know that Beta just keeps chugging along.  On another note, our insurance paid for the engine and install but not for redoing the exhaust.  They would not pay for the cause of the problem but would pay for resulting damage.  I want to say we had Boat US at the time.  Might want to make inquiry with your agent.

Best of luck

John and Maryann

Legacy III

1982 C&C 34