Stus-List longest running ad

Chuck S cscheaffer at comcast.net
Fri May 1 18:33:51 EDT 2015

Steve,
Great read. Thanks for finding that.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R
Broad Creek, Magothy River, Md

----- Original Message -----

From: "Steve Sharkey via CnC-List" <cnc-list at cnc-list.com>
To: "Rick Brass" <rickbrass at earthlink.net>, "robert" <robertabbott at eastlink.ca>, cnc-list at cnc-list.com
Sent: Friday, May 1, 2015 6:05:48 AM
Subject: Re: Stus-List longest running ad

And here’s an article about the poster and the effort. http://www.cruisingworld.com/classic-americas-cup-heart-america
Steve Sharkey
1983 C&C 37
Impromptu
From: Rick Brass via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:36 PM
To: 'robert' ; cnc-list at cnc-list.com

The Crusader has a centerboard that sticks out of the back of the keel when it is raised.

And while Stars and Stripes did win the Americas Cup, he wasn’t the fastest of the American Challengers. Heart of America, the Chicago Yacht Club challenge, got a very late start on development and had a very tight budget and did not do well in the early rounds of the challenger selection. By the last round, she was the fastest boat, but did not have the points necessary to become the challenger. As a matter of fact, Stars and Stripes actually raced for the cup using the sails that were developed for Heart of America.

Last time I saw Heart of America she was on a mooring in Burnham Harbor in Chicago. Renamed and converted into a private yacht with engine, interior, and everything. She ran in several Chicago Mac races, but had such a handicap that we used to joke that she started after the rest of the fleet was half way to Mackinac. Pretty boat though.

I’d kill for one of the Heart of America Challenge posters that showed the boat, bow on, sailing into waves of grain across a wheat field.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC