Stus-List first sail, first race of the year

Chuck S cscheaffer at comcast.net
Tue May 19 17:00:43 EDT 2015

Had my first sail of the year last Saturday. Did a 10 mile distance race from Annapolis to Gibson Island singlehanded. First singlehanded race of my life. Great sun, 80 degree air and 65 degree water and wind was 8 to 12 knots. Finished in the back of the fleet of crewed boats but not last. Should have used a spinnaker, but still working on those skills. One of the most challenging and beautiful and memorable sailing days yet. I'm almost over the sore muscles. Might do another race again next weekend.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R
Broad Creek, Magothy River, Md