Stus-List Back stay chain plate

svpegasus38@gmail.com svpegasus38 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:32:04 EDT 2015

    Dan, When the backstay chainplate on Pegasus started to crack and seperate. I removed it after using the main halyard to keep tension on forestay. I took it to a machine shop and had one made from solid stainless, I also had the machinist cut off the section where the halyard attached. I used this piece as a backing plat for the new chain plate. New longer bolts and I wasback sailing. Another reason for the new plate was, the old one had a 3/8 hole for the halyard clevis (it was bent) and the fitting on the backstay had a 1/2" hole. Now it is all 1/2".
Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 just west of Ballard, WA.

------ Original message------From: Dan via CnC-List Date: Wed, May 20, 2015 13:43To: cnc-list at cnc-list.com;Cc: Dan;Subject:Stus-List Back stay chain plateHello all My back stay chainplate needs attention please take a look at the pic.I plan on doing the work myself Any advice is greatly appreciated!Thanks Dan GrantPuffin 1970  c and c corvette Hull 148 Ipswich MAhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/4o8yi069rmdgpx0/image.jpg?dl=0Sent from my iPhone_______________________________________________Email address:CnC-List at cnc-list.comTo change your list preferences, including unsubscribing -- go to the bottom of page at:http://cnc-list.com/mailman/listinfo/cnc-list_cnc-list.com