Stus-List Darker Smoke, Harder to Start

Marek Dziedzic dziedzicmj at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 10:10:39 EDT 2015

most of the engine oils that are available today have plenty of additives that get bad or ineffective after about 6 month in the engine. So if you are using the engine year round, you might consider changing the oil twice a year (at least once a year) and if you are using it less (even if you use it for just a few hours each year), change it annually. For us, Northern folks, this usually mean changing it in the fall. From what I read around, there are people who change the oil in the fall and again in the spring. I don’t, but I can understand the reasoning behind it.

I hate throwing out the good engine oil after some 25-50 h of running time, but this is a cheap insurance for the engine.

Marek
1994 C270, Legato
Ottawa, on