Stus-List Window Leak

Frederick G Street fred at postaudio.net
Thu Sep 1 10:44:57 EDT 2016

I’ve done window replacements with Plexus before, which set pretty quickly, so just having a couple helpers hold the windows in place for fifteen or twenty minutes did the trick.

Having said that, I replaced the fixed windows on my LF38 this past spring, and used the VHB tape method; no need for bracing or helpers at all.  That stuff has phenomenal holding power, even on 3/8” acrylic with about a 1-1/2” bend over 50 inches length.  You really have to take care to get the acrylic positioned correctly before stuff grabs; but once it’s in, it stays.  I then did the Dow 795 adhesive/sealant at my leisure.  Pretty slick system, and no leaks at all.  The Dow seems like it will still give a just bit with flexing or temperature changes, without losing its seal or adhesion.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis