Stus-List Marine Batteries + ventilation

Jake Brodersen captain_jake at cox.net
Tue Sep 6 18:43:39 EDT 2016

Kevin,

My battery box has a fairly large hole going into the engine compartment as well.  It appears to be original.  The engine compartment is ventilated, although not as well as I would hope.  Better to vent into the engine compartment than into the cabin.  My batteries are under the quarterberth.  This is also why I prefer AGM batteries, no fumes to worry about.  Yes, the Optima batteries are AGM, not gel.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

C&C 35 Mk-III “Midnight Mistress”

Hampton VA