Stus-List Electrical Question

robert robertabbott at eastlink.ca
Mon Sep 12 08:49:07 EDT 2016

When up the mast the other day, I noticed that my 'Steaming, Bow,
Foredeck Light' was in pretty bad shape.....probably the original 32
years old.  Will probably replace it when the mast is hauled later this
Fall although I understand this light is no longer legally
required.......but I do like the halogen foredeck light.

I found this one linked below at the Binnacle.......almost similar to
the existing one:

Lights-Steaming-Spreader-&-Deck-Lights/c23_156/p1349/AAA-MASTHEAD-/-DECK-LIGHT/product_info.html

It appears, without removing mine, that there are three (3) white wires
exiting the foot of the mast connecting to 'green, red and black'
......I assume the green is negative, red is positive and black in ground.

Here's the question......the new light fixture at the Binnacle only has
one white wire as a connection.......there is (are) no other places on
the back of the fixture to connect other wires.  So if my old fixture
has 3 connections (assuming it does but I have not removed it to be
sure) and this new fixture only has one 'white wire', how do you connect it?

As you can tell, I am no electrician.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84