Stus-List RC issues.

Steve Thomas sthoma20 at bellnet.ca
Thu Sep 29 17:29:30 EDT 2016

What do you mean by "the RC gets a bullet" ?
I mean, I get it that there is supposed to be a gun culture in certain places, but I am guessing you are using the word as a scoring term that I am not familiar with.

Steve Thomas
C&C27 MKIII
Port Stanley, ON

---- Kevin Driscoll via CnC-List <cnc-list at cnc-list.com> wrote:
In our winter and spring series, the RC gets a bullet for serving. It is In
the last 4 years since I've been involved I haven't known of any trouble
securing an RC boat, even on the coldest and wettest of circumstances.
Technically serving as RC for one race is 'mandatory,' but there are always
more crews that would like to volunteer (and grab a bullet) than there are
weekends available. An RC boat not showing for duty would be scandalous in
the community I would think. Never heard of it happening here.

An alternative to getting a boat out is the option of assembling RC on a
dock or pier and running the race from there. This is an option to RC crews
in our series that I've seen a handful of times in the last few years.

I would say getting an average of your other scores is not enough carrot,
IMO.

Kevin,
Portland
C&C 30mkII