Stus-List Yanmar 2gm black smoke on start

Josh Muckley muckleyj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 23:22:58 EDT 2017

Black on start, clears with RPM.  Does it come back?

Sometimes dirty or old injectors can leak a little fuel back on top of the
cylinders while shutdown.  It burns of during startup and blows black
smoke.  It may not make a lot of difference to the operation of the engine
but will probably get worse.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+