Stus-List Renaming ceremony

Edd Schillay edd at schillay.com
Fri Aug 4 06:10:49 EDT 2017

Despite its longstanding use in maritime history, I was warned early on to never name a boat a woman’s name. For example, someone I knew named his boat after his girlfriend Diana, and was then prompted over the season by his boating buddies with the following questions:

"How many men can Diana take?"
"How wide is Diana?"
"Can you sleep on Diana?"
"Is Diana fast?"
"Can Diana handle a good blow?"
"How far can Diana go?"
"Is Diana hard to control?"
"Is it difficult to get Diana out of a slip?"
"Is Diana overheating?"
"Will you loan Diana to a friend?"
and, my favorite,
"Will you put Diana on the hard this winter or keep her wet?"

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise