Stus-List Diesel Spill

robert robertabbott at eastlink.ca
Mon Aug 28 08:47:19 EDT 2017

A few weeks ago, I spilled approx. a half a cup or 200 mls of diesel in
the engine compartment that made its way under the cabin floor boards to
the bilge.  I have flushed several times with Dawn liquid detergent and
hot water, however, there is still a trace of the diesel which I would
like to eliminate.

Every time a pump the bilge now, there is a hint of fuel in the
discharge which is annoying to all.

Is there a specific product anyone has used successfully to eliminate
the diesel that is more effective than liquid soap?

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.