Stus-List 37+ heat

Frederick G Street fred at postaudio.net
Tue Aug 29 08:11:27 EDT 2017

It depends on what sort of heat you’re looking for; if you are constantly in cool, wet conditions and would like to have dry heat throughout the boat, I’d suggest a diesel forced-air system like the Espar or Webasto.  But these can be expensive to install and maintain.

If you would just like to take the chill out of the cabin in the morning, or like a little ambience in the evening, I would highly recommend the Dickinson propane fireplace.  I’ve had one both on my previous boat (1981 30mkI) and my current Landfall 38.  These are relatively simple and inexpensive to install; there’s really no maintenance; and the larger version can throw a lot of heat into the cabin, while using little propane.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis