Stus-List Deteriorated mast step (LF38 replacement)

Dreuge dreuge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:01:10 EST 2017

Broken mast steps are a know problem for Landfall 38s.  When I unstepped my mast, the old step lifted out in two halves.

Wally Bryant describes having a new one fabricated and welded together.   I spoke to a welder about having a similar one fabricated, and was advised to have one CNC milled from a solid block as it was a "set it and forget it" operation whereas welding was going to be labor intensive.  I did some of the leg work myself, and in the end spent about $300 for a new fabricated step.   I have a write up online which includes a CAD drawing that was used to create the CNC step file.

http://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/search/label/MastStep

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall