Stus-List Deceitful USCG Documentation Renewal Company

RANDY randy.stafford at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 20:52:06 EST 2017

I'd guess the United States Coast Guard's National Vessel Documentation Center is understaffed, which affects its turnaround time. It took them about two months to turn around my application for an "Exchange of Certificate of Documentation" when I bought my boat a year ago. But I found the people there to be very professional and helpful. The Coast Guard is a branch of the military, so I assume the NVDC staff is not civilian. The people with whom I've spoken on the phone there were Coast Guard officers. They process about a dozen different kinds of applications, and appear to prioritize by application type. Commercial vessels appear to be higher priority than recreational vessels.

Cheers,
Randy