Stus-List Re-wiring, looking for suggestions

Dennis C. captbuy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:48:57 EST 2017

Alex,

When I re-wired Touche' in 1999, I made my own breaker panels from Ancor 8
gang blank panels.  I made 2 DC panels and 1 AC panel.  Figure 20 single
breakers @ $16, 2 double breakers at $50 plus 3 8 gang panels @ $20 and
you've spent nearly $500 at today's prices.

By the time I finished, I figure I had spent 50-60% of the price of a nice
Blue Sea System panel.  I didn't get the nice little indicator lights on
each circuit or any volt or amp meters.

The advantage of building your own is you get exactly the amperage breakers
you need.  The disadvantages are not getting the indicator lights, nice
buss bars, etc. on the back side.

Other than that, if I had it to do over again, I'd spend the extra $$ and
get a Blue Sea panel and move on.

You might investigate Blue Sea Systems newer design it yourself panels.  My
colleague installed a custom designed system for one of his clients last
year.  Very nice install.

I'm helping a buddy re-wire his boat.  He bought a nice large Blue Sea
panel.  It's the way to go.