Stus-List Exterior Teak Varnish Recommendation?

Danny Haughey djhaughey at juno.com
Tue Feb 28 21:27:25 EST 2017

I've done both sickens and epiphanies on two different boats.  Other than the time between coats, I dont see the the benefit to sickens.  It seemed softer and less deep a finish than the varnish.  As far as upkeep, a couple of coats a year on either product seems a wash.  I'd  go with the varnish myself.  Although,  I didn't do this on the new handrails on my last boat,  I think I might coat new wood with epoxy first then 7 or 8 coats of epiphanies.  I did that on the new hatch boards of my last boat and was pleasantly surprised with the results!  I made them out of some marine plywood I had left over from a project on a previous boat and I got a lot of compliments on those hatch boards!   Lol
Danny
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: RANDY via CnC-List <cnc-list at cnc-list.com> Date: 2/28/17  2:53 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: cnc-list <cnc-list at cnc-list.com> Cc: RANDY <randy.stafford at comcast.net> Subject: Stus-List Exterior Teak Varnish Recommendation?
Listers-
Grenadine's new exterior handrails are ready for finish and installation.  Wanted to see if any of you have a preferred varnish for exterior teak.  I'm looking for a clear varnish with UV protection.
Cheers,Randy