Stus-List Stripping the bottom

Adam Hayden hayden.adam at hotmail.com
Sat May 6 09:01:33 EDT 2017

Hey everyone.

I am in the middle of stripping the bottom paint off of my C&C 36.   I would day tjere is 30 years of bottom paint.   There are no blisters juat that muck of thr oaint was flaking off.   Once done I will be doing the barrier coat and reapplying the bottom paint.    I burned through the gelcoat in a few places while sanding.

My question is do i need to apply a coat of gelcoat to those places or will the barrier coat protect the glass and prevent moisture intrusion.

I can honestly say this won't be a job that I will tackle again on this boat.

Thanks
Adam