Stus-List Baby stay vs Cunningham?

David Knecht davidaknecht at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:36:31 EDT 2017

Hi Josh- I have a similar rig, but the reefing hook is attached directly to the luff cringle.  I considered adding another 2:1 but I want to clarify how your pennant is rigged.  It looks like it is attached to the tack pin, then up to the cringle and then down to a spliced loop for the reefing hook?  Spliced loop or a metal thimble?   The reason I did not do that was I was not sure how I would deal with reefing. If I reef the main, I just put the hook in the next cringle.  What do you do?  Dave

> On May 19, 2017, at 5:58 PM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list at cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Check out these pictures.
>
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pEh5lnvP1yX3hxVGZGNmNnLU0 <https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pEh5lnvP1yX3hxVGZGNmNnLU0>
>
> I looked at the cunninham again and decided that it is a 4 to 1.  It pulls on the pennant.  It's hard to tell where the pennant goes since it dives up under the sail pack.  I tried to show how it attaches with the tack pin on the other side of main after passing through the reef cringle.
>
> Josh Muckley
> S/V Sea Hawk
> 1989 C&C 37+
> Solomons, MD