Stus-List Honey - was RE: A C&C 39 that has not been trashed! Was C&C 39 trash project

Hoyt, Mike Mike.Hoyt at impgroup.com
Thu May 25 09:52:07 EDT 2017

Maybe more than it could be sold for but definitely not more than it is worth.  Worth is measured in more than dollars and the reality is that to take any boat and make it as it should be can be many thousands or tens of thousands more than the purchase price.  The only difference as I see it is that spending $20,000 on regular maintenance on a newer $250,000 boat seems more normal than doing so on an older $40,000 boat.  They are both still sailboats and cost the same to run.

Lavishing attention on our boats is often reward enough by itself and some may suggest that it is more rewarding to some of us than doing the same to people!

Mike
Persistence
Also spent way too much over the past 4 years (and the 10+ before that!)