Stus-List Strange Weather - now jibs

Hoyt, Mike Mike.Hoyt at impgroup.com
Fri Mar 15 08:43:04 EDT 2019

This happens here too.  If I were an insurance underwriter I would want to exclude this sort of damage as leaving a jib on the furler with boat stored is not good practice.  It seems to be a great way to have insurance pay for a new sail … unless of course it destroys the dock system or causes a boat to fall over on another.

I have always wondered why marinas simply do not remove jibs from furlers when on hard and add a $100 surcharge to the owners marina bill.  Would save everyone a lot of grief and also provide incentive for people to store their boats and ails more properly.

OTOH hurricanes and storms do come up during the sailing season with boats in the water and owners away.  Jibs often unfurl then as well

My 0.02

Mike
Persistence
(Not launched yet)