Stus-List Strange Weather, Eh?

Rick Brass rickbrass at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 15 13:05:22 EDT 2019

Maybe it’s just that I’m getting old and irascible, but I have developed a pretty low appreciation of the  intelligence and wisdom of my fellow man.

Think about how dumb the average person you meet seems to be; and then consider that the fact that this is the average means half are even worse.

Case in point: we get frequent nor’easters here in North Carolina during the winter, and since most boats spend the winter in the water they have sails standing. Few tie off the furling jib or genoa, and I’ve even seen a couple that have left the roller furling line uncleated or just coiled and left on a lifeline. Either massive inexperience or sheer thoughtlessness.

Oh, BTW Randy, it is 73 degrees, sunny, with 13-18  knots of breeze here today. Down to the mid 60s tomorrow, sunny with 10-12 knots. I’ll be on my boat.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC