Stus-List Gybe preventer

Neil Gallagher njgallagher at optonline.net
Sat Mar 16 12:09:13 EDT 2019

To add to the previous replies, I have a mid-boom preventer (think it
came with the boat, it's old) that has two "clamp" devices that each fit
around one side of the boom and have a lip that reaches down into the
bolt rope slot on top of the boom.  They both are shackled to a 4:1
tackle that at the bottom which has a snap shackle to the toe rail.
Here on Long Island Sound I mostly use it to pull against the mainsheet
and thus lock the boom in place as I bounce in the motorboat slop....

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly 35-1
Glen Cove, NY