Stus-List Second Reef Point on 33 MKII

john sandford johnsandford at eastlink.ca
Sat Mar 23 18:46:21 EDT 2019

Landfall 38

North Atlantic

Also it is part of the Offshore Special Regulations, MoMu0,1,2 section        4.26.2 d.

You may have a very deep reefed main, in lieu of a storm trysail.

Although these are designed for offshore racing, they are rules and parameters built over years of what works and is safe. Excellent guidelines for use by cruisers as well.

Well worth reading.

https://www.sailing.org/specialregs