Stus-List Second Reef Point on 33 MKII

Bruno Lachance bruno_lachance at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 23 22:54:28 EDT 2019

Hi Lee,

We have a second reef on our 1987 33 km II and use it. We are in the Baie des Chaleurs and sail in the gulf of st-Lawrence area.

It is way more efficient upwind to be properly trimmed than constantly have to dump an overpowered main.

The location of the second reef should be discussed with a sailmaker that knows your area or a fiend that has a similar boat.

If you go forward, use a strong but light line so the weight on the leech is not to bad in light wind.

Bruno Lachance
Bécassine
New Richmond

Envoyé de mon iPad