Stus-List Black goo in keel joint - 35-2

Josh Muckley muckleyj at gmail.com
Fri May 3 23:09:28 EDT 2019

You're not wasting any time are you?!  Forgive me if you already described
this boat defect but how bad was the keel joint that you are already
tearing in to it?  Most people live with a smile for a few years, then
tighten the bolts and wait another few years, then if needed perform some
type of additional remediation.

You didn't describe if the goo was water soluble.  All types of biological
growth and slime occurs when water gets trapped and bilges are subject to
collect lost of various liquids.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+