Stus-List C&C 34 - steering cable

DMcMillan dmcmillan at shaw.ca
Fri May 10 10:05:01 EDT 2019

There is not enough slack in the cable to pull it off the quadrant – if I could do this there would be enough slack to pull the end of the chain up through the binnacle for inspection, but now the only way to get more slack is to take a pulley off, something I am reluctant to do.

We tried tightening the nut to break the stud out, but no luck (but it has not been treated with penetrating oil yet).    There is no nut on the cable side of the stud, but I think it is a good idea to do this when re-assembling.

Dennis

Andante

C&C 34 (1981)

Victoria, BC